1. No more planner supplies clutter!
- I’ve already mentioned this but it’s a big one! No more planner supplies clutter! No more needing to buy and store paper punches, printer paper, sticker paper, new printers (cause they break every year or so!), ink for your printers, paper trimmers, planner stickers, planner pouches, pens, markers, discs or ringed binders and all their accessories, stamps, stamping ink, stencils, etc.
- Yes it was fun collecting all these, but I would hardly use any of them when it came to productively planning. When I would plan my days, all I used was a pen and some highlighters. It’s fun to use all this but I bet you spent more time making it look Instagram-ready than you did checking off items on your to-do list.
- & Yes it was fun shopping for all these fun items, but I probably spent hundreds or thousands even on all this!
- With digital planning, you can still use digital stickers and digital paper clips to make your planner look cute and fun, but as a bonus – now they’re reusable and won’t clutter up your space! Copy and paste as much as you like! Be sure to watch my latest video about how I was able to use all of my physical planner stickers in my digital planner here!
2. My Digital Planners and Stickers are Always With Me!
- With my paper planner, I couldn’t take it everywhere with me. I like carrying small purses and my planners would never fit in them so taking them with me never worked out.
- Whenever I needed to write something down, I would write it down on my phone in the reminders app or in Google Calendar and try to remind myself to write it in my planner but then end up forgetting anyways.
- With my digital planner, specifically the GoodNotes App, my planners within there are always synced up to my phone, iPad and my Macbook. So wherever I am, I can always access my planners and notebooks.
- If you’re a multiple planner user, you don’t have to worry about carrying super heavy planner bags anymore because they will all be there on your device.
- As a bonus, I am also able to store ALL of my stickers on there too!
3. Rearranging Tasks and Repeating Tasks is now a breeze!
- With paper planning, if you did a brain dump you would have to rewrite it to rearrange your tasks in the correct order or priority. If you needed to move a task you would have to cross it off or strategically use stickers to block it out and write it all over again somewhere else. And if you had a task that happened every day you would have to write it over and over again every single day.
- With my digital planner, I can easily “lasso” what I wrote and move it to rearrange my tasks or move it to another day. I can easily copy and paste what I wrote on one day to another day. I do this a lot with my daily schedule since it’s pretty routine and then I am easily able to rearrange it if needed.
4. I Can Easily Find Anything In my Notebooks or Planners!
- With the GoodNotes app, and its OCR scanning feature, you can scan and add paper notes to use them in your digital notebook or planner. It will then analyze the text on the document and will make it searchable and selectable. I didn’t think it would work on my handwriting but it did! And I don’t have super neat handwriting neither!
- Just the other day I was so sad, because I had written down, in my paper planner, my body measurements from January & February but I couldn’t find them anywhere. I probably accidentally tossed them out while I was reprinting my planner pages. But now I didn’t have my body measurements to compare to. If they were digital I would have easily been able to pull it up. Even if I did trash it, because in the GoodNotes app, if you delete a notebook it goes into a trash bin, and from there you can recover it still! I don’t think you can recover a notebook that’s been taken to the dump.
- Most digital planners also comes with hyperlinks so you don’t have to endlessly scroll through to get to the page you need. You can just click on the tab or the link you need to get where you need to go.
- If you memory plan, you can easily store and find a specific date or event in your planners or notebook, without needing to look through an entire box of junk. You won’t have to worry about it getting lost, thrown out or damaged.
5. Super Customizable!
- And finally, reason #5 why I am switching to digital planning is because of how customizable digital planning is!
- If I ever wanted to add a layout I can easily do so. If I wanted to rearrange the order or delete something I can do that. You can use free printables and turn them into a png to add to your blank digital planning pages. You can also do this with free printable stickers too!
- But what I love most about digital planning is that it’s just like paper planning without the need for doing all the work before hand!
- You can add pictures (without needing to print or cut out pictures)
- You can add stickers (without needing to print or cut stickers)
- You can add pages (without needing to print, trim or punch any paper!)
- You can change how you use your planner every month, week, or even day if you want to. Sometimes I feel like a weekly spread will work for me and then other days are extremely busy and I need an entire spread dedicated to just that day.
- I have been using the GoodNotes App for all of my course worksheets too. I am an online course junkie and they always have worksheets for you to fill in, so I love that now I am able to put them all into a folder and fill them out directly on my iPad.
- Even if I write down some notes on paper I can still easily scan the piece of paper and add it to my digital planner or notebook too!
In my newest digital planner I have included tons of extra inserts so you can create your very own custom sectioned tabs. Use them all or none of them – it’s up to you! It’s your planner so make it your own! You can find this dated 2020-2021 digital planner in my shop here!