I only have 3 dividers in my wallet, I made my own top tabbed dividers and used a label maker to stick onto the tabs. The sections I have are “To Buy”, “Notes”, & “Budget”.
- To Buy
- This is where I write my shopping list. I have it organized it by store so that when I am at that store I can just flip to that page and see what I needed or wanted from there. I also have some blank general lists for things that aren’t in any one particular store.
- The stores I have listed in my planner are
- Arts and Crafts Stores
- Grocery Stores
- Online Shops
- Here I just have inspirational pictures of clothes, makeup and organizing things that I like. So whenever I am out shopping I can see what I would like.
- I budget using this color coding scheme
- Kids (green) – purchases related to my children, (e.g., diapers, wipes, toys)
- House (orange) – household purchases, and things we absolutely need (e.g., cleaning products, paper towels, gas)
- Food (yellow) – food purchases, including dining out, fast food and groceries
- Personal/Fun (pink) – any purchases that are for fun, going out, things that I want.
- and I write in the details (the store name, the amount I spent, and a short description of what I bought) of it day by day in my weekly view pages
- At the end of the two weeks I go back and look at all my expenses and fill out the actual amounts in the paycheck budgeting sheet to see how much we spent for that pay period.
- The color coding really helps for me to see where and what I am spending most of my money on. My weeks have been mostly pink and yellow, haha!
In the middle of the planner after “Notes”, I have all of my rewards cards.
I made them using this tutorial here: how to DIY your own card holders
I love having this because when I am at the store I can actually see all of my rewards cards and it’s so much easier to find! I put two cards in each sleeve with the front facing out.
Inside the Pockets
In the front pockets I have my main cards:
- My Driver’s License
- My Debit Card
- and My Target Red Card
- occasionally I place my “going to use” rewards card fir easy (sephora’s as seen below)
- I also have the small petco rewards card there because it was too tiny to place in a sleeve.
In the back secretarial pocket I keep my color coding stickers that I use for my budgeting. Everytime I have an expense I write it on these stickers, using the color code, and stick it on that day in the weekly pages.
In the back of my planner I use the notepad to jot down any notes I have to write quickly.
I also have envelopes that I bought from the dollar section in Target that I use as coupon holders. Read more about this and how to make it here!
I have the following sections:
- Arts & Crafts
I labeled them by using washi tape, then just hole punched them into my planner, it fits perfectly!
have them organized by store or category. For example, if I have diaper
coupons they would go into the “Kids” envelope. Or if I had some clorox or
dish soap coupons they would go into “household”. I keep these in the
back since it is a little bit bigger than regular pages.
In the back, I have a note card that was also from the dollar section at Target. I just placed washi tape on it and wrote “Receipts”. I just place my important receipts in there, it’s like a cute little folder!
I hope this helped you in some way in setting up your own budget/wallet/planner!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click on the link and purchase the item I will receive a small commission or referral fee at no extra cost to you. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. Thank you for supporting this blog!Please read full Disclosure Policy here.